WHOM IS IT APPLICABLE
The Artificial Intelligence Essentials certificate is focused on individuals with an interest in, (or need to implement) AI in an organization, especially those working in areas such as science, engineering, knowledge engineering, finance, or IT services.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Recall the general definition of human and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Describe ‘learning from experience’ and how it relates to Machine Learning (ML) (Tom Mitchell’s explicit definition).
- Understand that ML is a significant contribution to the growth of Artificial Intelligence.
- Describe how AI is part of ‘Universal Design,’ and ‘The Fourth Industrial Revolution’.
- Describe the challenges of Artificial Intelligence, and give general examples of the limitations of AI compared to human systems, general ethical challenges AI raises.
- Demonstrate understanding of the risks of Artificial Intelligence, identify a typical funding source for AI projects and list opportunities for AI.
- Demonstrate an understanding that Artificial Intelligence (in particular, Machine Learning) will drive humans and machines to work together;
- List future directions of humans and machines working together.
Module1: Artificial and Human Intelligence: An Introduction and History
Module 2: Examples of AI: Benefits, Challenges and Risks
Module 3: An introduction to Machine Learning
Module 4: The Future of Artificial Intelligence – Human and Machine Together
- There are no formal prerequisites required for this certification