WHOM IS IT APPLICABLE
The target group of the ITIL Foundation certificate in IT Service Management is drawn from:
- Individuals who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization.
- IT professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement program.
- This may include but is not limited to, IT professionals, business managers and business process owners.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Upon Completion of this Course, you will accomplish following:-
- Understand and implement IT Service Management best practices, key concepts, principles, and process models required for clearing the ITIL Foundation certification exam
- Gain an understanding of scope, purpose, and objective of service strategy, service transition, service design, service operations, and Continual Service Improvement
- Apply ITIL concepts, tools and techniques to improve effectiveness and efficiency of business for optimizing customer experience
- Learn to automate standard tasks and apply lean principles to enhance efficiency of IT Service Management processes in this ITIL 2011 foundation training
- Centralize processes and teams and save costs using well-defined fit-for-use and fit-for purpose processes
- Augment user satisfaction, improve service levels, lower costs, optimize outsourcing, increase service availability, and improve the ability to manage change using ITIL procedures
- ITIL Foundation course provides participants a complete structure with a set of procedures to help them take a proactive approach in improving business performance with the help of IT.
Module 1: Service management as a practice
Module 2: The ITIL service lifecycle
Module 3: Generic concepts and definitions
Module 4: Key principles and models
Module 5: ITIL processes
Module 6: ITIL functions
Module 7: ITIL roles
Module 8: Technology and architecture
Module 9: Competence and training
- There are no specific prerequisites for this course, and Axelos has not defined any specific eligibility criteria for the ITIL® Foundation exam. However, the ITIL® Foundation certification is in itself a prerequisite for other levels of ITIL® certifications.